Tuesday, May 10, 2016

#10 - The Analysis

Hi~

Based on the results of my previous posts, the overall consensus is that Ayurveda does have an effect however I don't believe the answer is so black and white. Rather than that, I think that over the course of my internship my research question has modified from which method is better to how these two methods can work in conjugation.

Since the ayurvedic medicines are all natural, there are no side effects to any taken. They also don't react with any allopathic medicines being taken. In fact, often times if a problem was severe enough, the doctor recommended that the patient continue the regular medicines combined along with Ayurveda to ensure that the patients body is in the best state that it can be.

I don't think that Ayurveda can be a sustainable practice o its own primarily because of the 90% result i received from the data. Since Ayurveda is so heavily reliant on a patients lifestyle and not every patient is willing to make the change to lead a healthier lifestyle, it doesn't have the same effect on all people. However, with the PPIs, there is a guaranteed effect, provided that the list of side effects does exist.

I think to further my studies, I would conduct clinical trials to gather more concrete data on its efficiency and then compare those results with the efficient of PPIs.

This internship has definitely made me more open to trying natural medicine as a treatment option. I think that if clinical trials are conducted, people will be more open to trying this form of treatment.

With this final post, I bid you all goodbye.

Farewell,
Aashi~

No comments:

Post a Comment